Saturday, September 5, 2015

I'm MC Hendrick, and You've Entered the Vet-Tech Zone




Here's a deceptively calm praying mantis on top of a very turbulent squeeze chute holding and very feisty brahman cow. It was a beautiful morning but I was covered in sweat, poop, blood, and I am suffering 2 weeks later with a sharp pain in the ribs. Maybe I could get my vet to X-ray. 



Just yesterday, I aided in shoving a rod down the middle of a busted bone. This poor pup will likely get full use of this leg after it heals thanks to the good Doc. 

Later that day I traded the comfort of a conditioned surgery room for the outside heat to repair an umbilical hernia. They say it's not the heat but the humidity but I couldn't tell. 



To top it off, I performed a procedure of my own as I operated on a coworker's ingrown toenail. A callback today verified the operation was successful. Perhaps I should offer vet services but under an "Engineering Special Price."  


No comments :

Post a Comment